Invest in the future
Welcome to the Center for Biomedical Research.
The Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) provides a platform and opportunity for scientists (natural, social and behavioral), engineers, and humanists to collaborate on innovative research that improves human health and provides multidisciplinary educational opportunities for our students.
The center’s key research and development areas include:
- Bioactive glass science and engineering
- Sensors for biomedical applications
- Bioactive glass and bioactive ceramic scaffolds for regenerating bone
- Nanofibrous bioactive glass for healing soft tissue wounds
- Biomarker discovery for early detection of cancer
- Nanostructured biocompatible phosphate devices for drug and growth factor delivery
- Programmable DNA nanostructure supported drug delivery and biosensing
- Thin film coating by atomic/molecular layer deposition for biomedical applications
- Medical imaging
- Separation processes for biotechnology
- Assessments for new medical device implementation, new patient systems, new medical technology, etc. and the impact of these changes on healthcare professionals and patient experiences
- Assistive technologies for human movement and rehabilitation
- Therapeutic thiols in various oxidative stress disorders
- Behaviors related to substance use and mental health
- Nanomaterials for cancer treatment
Faculty members at Missouri S&T who have research interests in biomedical science are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) as Research Investigators. Please contact the director for more information.
Office Support Assistant IV