Invest in the future
Welcome to the Center for Biomedical Research.
The Center for Biomedical Research(CBR) provides a platform and opportunity for scientists (natural, social and behavioral), engineers, and humanists to collaborate on innovative research that improves human health and provides multidisciplinary educational opportunities for our students.
The center’s key research and development areas include:
- Bioactive glass science and engineering
- Bioactive glass and bioactive ceramic scaffolds for regenerating bone
- Nanofibrous bioactive glass for healing soft tissue wounds
- Biomarkers for early detection of cancer
- Nanostructured biocompatible phosphate devices for drug and growth factor delivery
Faculty members at Missouri S&T who have research interests in biomedical science are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Center for Biomedical Research(CBR) as Research Investigators. Please contact the director.