Research in the CBR covers a variety of areas in biomedical engineering, including biomaterials, tissue engineering, biofabrication, biosensors, biomedical imaging and biomedical therapeutics.
Partial list of current research areas
- Design and modeling of bioactive glass for medical applications
- Scaffolds for tissue engineering
- Bone regeneration and vascularization
- Regenerative medicine and stem cell biology
- Bioactive glass for wound healing and nerve regeneration
- Nanobiomaterials for drug delivery, cancer treatment and diagnosis
- Biomarkers for cancer detection
- Antibacterial coatings and implants for orthopedic surgery
- Biosensors and bioimaging devices for cancer treatment and patient care
Faculty investigators in the CBR have active collaboration with several institutions, including University of Missouri campuses in Columbia and Kansas City, St. Louis University, Tongji University (China), and the Phelps County regional Medical Center, Rolla.