We are a multidisciplinary research center dedicated to the research and development of advanced biomaterials, devices and therapeutics for applications in the biomedical industry. Learn more.
Seed grant proposals
The Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) plans to make available up to $40,000 from our annual budget to provide seed funding for up to four faculty members, especially the junior faculty, to collect preliminary data needed to compete for external funding.
You are invited to submit a two page (maximum) white paper to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, Dec. 14, 2018. The two page limit does not include references, budgets, and budget justifications; matching funds are encouraged, but not required.
New research equipment
Nikon A1R-HD Confocal Microscope (Eclipse Ti2)
The Nikon A1R-HD is a fully-automated confocal imaging system able to image in the X, Y, and Z planes with both a high-speed resonant scanner to capture the dynamics of a system and a Galvano scanner to maximize resolution in fixed samples.
- A large field of view, capable of a resolution below 200 nm
- A sophisticated post-processing software to deconvolve and attractively display results
- A 2D and 3D tracking system for particle tracking that can be set up to automatically track several regions of interest in a time series scan
- View all specs and features
CBR Research Photos
Faculty members at Missouri S&T who have research interests in biomedical science are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Center for Biomedical Research (CBR) as Research Investigators. Please contact the director for more information.
Administrative Assistant IV
Research Specialist II
- ICP-MS, ICP-OES, flame AA, IC, GC, and GFAA instrumentation
- Fly ash and water sample analysis
- HPLC and TOC instrumentation
- Urine sample for analysis sample