Animal Research Resources
- Animal Use Protocols
Animal husbandry including, housing, care, clinical observations, food, and water will be provided by the ARF staff. The facility follows the recommendations, standards, and policies listed by the NIH and the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
ARF personnel will help train or assist with minor procedures which may include
- Sample collection: Blood, Tissue
The ARF designates a room for colony management to reduce the cost for potential researchers. Researchers may purchase animals from an approved vendor or use reserve colony animals in advance.
Missouri S&T maintains a DEA license for controlled substances II-V. The ARF is able to provide veterinary drugs listed through eProcurement Show me Shop at a discounted rate.
- Netvet - Comparative Medicine Links
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare(NIH)
- Public Health Service Policy on the Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals(NIH)
- The Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals "The Guide"
- Animal Welfare Information Center(USDA)
- Institute for Laboratory Animal Research
- USDA Office of Animal Care